Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Diaper Changes and Sleep Deprivation

I wonder if she'll weigh some ridiculous amount by the time we go in for her two week visit, the little parasite (cute though she may be) has been eating non-stop. In other news, Naomi's sense of timing is dead-on, and if she continues in this vein she could be a comedian or a politician or maybe do some sort of crazy covert ops that require insanely good reflexes. Diaper changing time around 1 AM this morning went amusingly. Or maybe I just laughed to keep from crying.

Daniel got her little diaper off of her and started to clean her up while I grabbed a clean one, and although I was only out of the room for about 15 seconds, she somehow managed to wet her onesie and the towel we were using for a changing pad. I swear, I don't know how she can hold *that* much liquid. So I kinda laughed, and Daniel (mildly annoyed) put the new diaper under her tiny little butt...and she pooped again (the first diaper was kinda gross). Daniel (seriously peeved) removed the diaper, only to shove it back under her butt about 3 seconds later just in case, and lo! and behold! there was more excrement. Seriously, kiddo, what's up with that? So I was giggling insanely as I went for a clean onesie and *another* clean diaper, and Daniel (dazed and confused?) attempted to remove the unworn-but-still-dirty diaper, but pulled the same trick as before, and it worked again! I have no idea how she can hold so much poo. I also have no idea how many wipes we went through on that round. Anywho.

Kiddo needs feeding, so more later.

No comments: